Introduction to electrochemistry
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Identify whether reduction or oxidation is taking place in the half-equations.
State whether the half-equations below show reduction or oxidation, giving a reason for your answer.
- Au → Au+ + e-
- Na → Na+ + e-
- Cl2 + 2e- → 2Cl-
- Write simple half-equations showing reduction and oxidation taking place.
Write a balanced half-equation for the following chemical processes.
- Bromide ions being oxidised back to elemental bromine.
- Sodium metal being oxidised.
- Oxygen gas being reduced to oxide ions.