Taxes, discounts, tips and more
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Relating Percents to Taxes
A pack of potato chips is priced at $5. If the sales tax in the province is 15%, how much should the potato chips be sold for?
- Billy picked a pair of headphones with a selling price of $250 at an electronic store. However, at the check-out counter, he was charged $280. What is the percentage of the sales tax?
- Relating Percents to Tips
A family of three went to a five-star restaurant for dinner. The bill for the meal was $180. The family put down $300 and left without asking for changes. In other words, what is the percentage of tips they have paid?
- Relating Percents to Discounts
A stationary store is having a garage sale. All the binders priced at $12 are now on sale for $9. What is the discount percentage?
- A suit was originally priced at $880, but it has been marked 25% off. What is the selling price now?