Introduction to probability
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
Get the most by viewing this topic in your current grade. Pick your course now.
- Below is a probability model showing the weathers in fall in City A.
- Each student in a class of 30 writes his or her name on a slip of paper. These slips of paper are folded and put in a jar. Half of these slips are blue and half are yellow.
- What is the probability that a blue slip will be picked? Write your answer as a fraction, a decimal, a ratio, and a percent.
- Rob, Jennie and Alice are in this class. What is the probability that one of these students' names will be picked? Write your answer as a fraction, a decimal, a ratio, and a percent.
- Jen and her friend spin the wheel to decide what fun activity they will do this afternoon.
- What is the probability that the spin will land on movie or swimming? Write your answer as a percent and decimal.
- What is the probability that the spin will not land on dancing or shopping? Write your answer as a percent and fraction.
- If they spin the wheel twice, what is the probability that the spin will land on soccer and frisbee? Write your answer as a percent and fraction.