Word problems for decimals and integers
All in One Place
Everything you need for better grades in university, high school and elementary.
Learn with Ease
Made in Canada with help for all provincial curriculums, so you can study in confidence.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Get the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice questions.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Multiplying decimals with negative integers
If you return your library book late, there will be a fine! The library will add a deduction onto your account of - $0.25 every day until you return it.
- Dividing decimals with positive integers
What is the better deal?
Option A: 5 apples for $5.75
Option B: 8 apples for $8.64
- Multiplying and dividing decimals by integers (Part 1)
A sinkhole is a hole in the ground that is formed when the surface layer of the earth collapses.
Scientists are using robots that each carry 58.364m of rope to climb as far down into the earth as possible. When the first robot reaches its maximum depth, it is at -58.364m into the earth.
- Multiplying and dividing decimals by integers (Part 2)
Bamboo plants are the fastest growing plants on Earth! They say they can grow up to 91cm in one day (that's almost as tall as a three-year-old kid)!
Jenna measured her bamboo plant to grow about 89.784cm in one day. Assuming that the bamboo plant is growing at the same rate all day long, how much did it grow in 4 hours?
- Multiplying and dividing decimals by integers (Part 3)
A group of meteorologists are studying temperatures around the world. The chart shows how much temperature change (either getting hotter or colder) they measured in each city over a certain amount of time:
City Temperature Change Time London -10.8 °C 4 hours New York +13.56 °C 5 hours Tokyo -11.709 °C 3 hours Dubai +14.92 °C 5 hours
- Calculate the rate of temperature change (in °C / hour; by dividing the temperature change by the time).
- Which city had the fastest rate of temperature change and was it getting colder or hotter?
- On the same day, another meteorologist in Barcelona observes that the rate of temperature change during a period of 6 hours was -1.654 °C / hour. How much did the temperature change during that time?