- Calculate the mean of each set of data. Round your answer to the nearest tenth.
- A survey collected information about the total amount of time teens spent on computers each week. Only data from four cities is listed below.
Computer time (hours per week)
- Harry was given the following marks on his English essays:
69%, 71%, 85%, 80%, 93%, 99%
- Calculate his mean mark? Round your answer to the nearest whole percent.
- What mark would he need to receive on the next essay to increase his mean by 2 percent for the seven essays?
- Harry's friend, Thomas, received the following marks on his English essays:
96%, 74%, 75%, 66%, 96%, 90%
What is Thomas's mean mark? Round your answer to the nearest whole percent.
- Who has a smaller mean absolute deviation? Harry or Thomas? What does this tell you?