Introduction to mean, median, mode, and range
All in One Place
Everything you need for JC, LC, and college level maths and science classes.
Learn with Ease
We’ve mastered the national curriculum so that you can revise with confidence.
24/7 access to the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice exercises available.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Range of a data set
Circle the biggest number, underline the smallest number, and calculate the range.
- Median of a data set
Find the median for the list of numbers
- Hint: the numbers must be in order from least to greatest
- Mean (average) of a data set
Find the mean (average) of the numbers. Show your work.
- Understanding the mean (average): word problem
The table below shows the quiz grades of five students.
- What was the average grade for the science quiz?
- What was the average grade for the math quiz?
- On which quiz did the students do better on overall?
- The teacher says that Student #3 did better on the Math quiz than on the Science quiz. Why is this true even though they have the same mark in both subjects?
- For the students' English quiz, the five classmates had an average grade of 6. Find two possible sets of grades that would give an average grade of 6.
- Finding the mean, median, mode and range for a bar graph