How to read time
All in One Place
Everything you need for better grades in university, high school and elementary.
Learn with Ease
Made in Canada with help for all provincial curriculums, so you can study in confidence.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Get the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice questions.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Reading Analog Clock Time
Read the analog clock and write as digital time. Use the part of the day clue for writing AM or PM.
- Drawing Hands on a Clock
Draw the hands on the clock to show the time.
- Analog Clocks Without Markings
Estimating the time shown on the clock. Use the part of the day clue for writing AM or PM.
- Reading Time Word Problem
When Alice left for school, the sun had just risen. Her watch showed the hour hand between 6 and 7 and the minute hand on 4.
- What time did Alice leave for school?
- Alice's mom finishes work and the sun is setting. Her watch shows the hour hand between 7 and 8 and the minute hand at 11. What time did Alice's mom finish work?
- When it was Alice's bed time her clock showed this time. Describe the hour hand and minute hand. What time did she go to bed?