- Evaluate A Bearings Word Problem Using Trigonometric Ratios
Charlie leaves home for a bike ride, heading 040°T for 5km.
- Solve A Bearings Word Problem Using the Law of Cosine
A camping group made a return journey from their base camp. From the camp, they first travelled 120°T for 3km. Then they travelled 210°T for 9km. Determine the direction and distance they need to travel if they want to return to the base camp now.
- Analyze A Bearings Word Problem Using Trigonometric Ratios and the Law of Cosine
Melody and April go to the same school. Melody's home is 3.5km with a bearing of S16°W from school whilst April's home is 2.4km with a bearing of N42°E from school. How far away are their homes from each other?
- Triangulate the Location of an Earthquake
Radar X detected an earthquake N55°E of it. 16km due east of Radar X, Radar Y detected the same earthquake N14°W of it.
- Estimate the Height of an Object
A plane is sighted by Tom and Mary at bearings 028°T and 012°T respectively. If they are 2km away from each other, how high is the plane?
- Applying Law of Sine and Law of Cosine
Consider the following diagram.
Find the distance between P and Q.