Joint and combined variation
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
Get the most by viewing this topic in your current grade. Pick your course now.
- Identifying Types of Variations
Determine whether each equation represents a direct, inverse, joint, or combined variation. Name the constant of variation.
- Translating Variation Statements Into Equations
Translate the following statements, and then classify the variations.
- Solving Variation Problems
Find the missing variables.
- Word Problems of Variations
The volume of a cylinder varies jointly as the height and the square of its radius. A cylinder with an 9 cm height and 6 cm radius has a volume of 1018 cm3.
- The time required to process a shipment at Mamazon varies directly with the number of orders being made and inversely with the number of workers. If 1344 orders can be processed by 7 workers in 12 hours, how long will it take 125 workers to process 20,000 items?