Introduction to electrochemistry
All You Need in One Place
Everything you need for better marks in primary, GCSE, and A-level classes.
Learn with Confidence
We’ve mastered the UK’s national curriculum so you can study with confidence.
Instant and Unlimited Help
24/7 access to the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice questions.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Identify whether reduction or oxidation is taking place in the half-equations.
State whether the half-equations below show reduction or oxidation, giving a reason for your answer.
- Au → Au+ + e-
- Na → Na+ + e-
- Cl2 + 2e- → 2Cl-
- Write simple half-equations showing reduction and oxidation taking place.
Write a balanced half-equation for the following chemical processes.
- Bromide ions being oxidised back to elemental bromine.
- Sodium metal being oxidised.
- Oxygen gas being reduced to oxide ions.