- A musical note of frequency 1.8 Hz is sounded on a day when the speed of sound in air is 320 m/s. What is the wavelength of this note in air?
- A train of waves travel through a rope at the rate of four waves per second. Find the period of the motion.
- The time taken for one complete cycle of a musical note is 2 ×
s. Find the frequency of the sound.
- Radio waves are broadcasted at a frequency of120 MHz. Find the period of the electromagnetic waves producing thus type of Radio waves.
- A person shouts towards a vertical cliff 630m away. The echo of his voice is heard 6.00 s later.
- What is the speed of sound of the person's voice?
- The wavelength of the sound is 0.650m. What is its frequency?
- What is the period of the wave?
- In order to produce larger wavelength, do you need higher or lower frequency?
- Five pulses are generated every 0.200s in a pond. What is the speed of propagation of the wave if the wavelength of the surface wave in 2.40cm?
- A periodic longitudinal wave that has a frequency on 40.0 Hz travels along a coil spring. If the distance between two successive compressions in 0.600m, what is the speed of the water?