Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Sound produced by clapping hands is echoed from a distant building 0.4s later, how far is the building? (speed of sound 343m/s at 20°C)
- What happens to the wavelength and frequency of sound waves if temperature increases?
- Find the wavelength of a sound wave moving in air with frequency of 415 Hz.
- The sound detected by human ear is between 20Hz and 20kHz. Find the corresponding wavelengths that can be detected by human.
- What physical characteristics of sound is used to decrease the pitch? To increase the loudness?
- Sketch a graph of displacement vs. time to represent sound waves, for two cycles of 12-kHz and two cycles of 24-kHz.
- If you hear an ambulance siren dropping while passing you, can tell in which direction is moving?