* Differential Calculus –"Chain Rule"
* Integral Calculus –"Antiderivatives"
The main challenge in using the
is to think of an appropriate substitution.
- Question: how to choose
- Answer: choose
to be some function in the integrand whose differential also occurs!
is usually the inside of a function, for example:
- the inside a power function:
- the inside a radical function:
- the inside of an exponential function:
- the inside of a logarithmic function:
- the inside of a trigonometric function: