Tides and water depth trig problems
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
Get the most by viewing this topic in your current grade. Pick your course now.
- Tides are a periodic rise and fall of water in the ocean. At a seaport, the water has a minimum depth of 4m at 3:00 am. After this minimum depth, the first maximum depth of 20m occurs at 10:30 am.
- Graph how the depth of the tide flow varies with respect to the time in a day.
- Determine a sinusoidal function for the water depth at any time t.
- What is the water depth at 6:45pm?
- A cruise ship needs at least 9m of water to dock safely. Estimate the number of hours in the 24 hour interval during which the cruise ship can dock safely.