Combining transformations of functions
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Describe the Combination of Transformations
Compared to , describe every step of transformations applied to:
- Write the Equation of a Transformed Function
Transform the function into the function by:
- stretching horizontally by a factor of 2 about the y-axis
- stretching vertically by a factor of about the x-axis
- vertical translation of 7 units up
- reflection in the y-axis
- horizontal translation of 4 units to the left
- reflection in the x-axis
Write the function for .
- Use "Coordinate Mapping Formula" to Graph a Transformed Function
Given the graph of as shown,