- When a family of three with a total mass of 150kg steps into their 1100kg car, the car's spring compresses 2.0cm.
- A spring is 45cm long when a weight of 65N hangs from it but is 96cm when a weight of 190 N hangs from it. What is the spring constant?
- A spring stretches 0.120m vertically when a mass of 0.400kg is attached to its end. Then spring is set up horizontally with the 0.400kg resting on a frictionless surface. The mass is pulled so that the spring is stretched 0.200m from the equilibrium position.
- An object with mass 4.0kg is attached to a spring with spring stiffness constant = 200N/m and is performing the simple harmonic motion. When the object is 0.04m from its equilibrium position, it is moving with a speed of 0.62m/s.
- A mass sitting on a horizontal, frictionless surface is attached to one end of a spring; the other end is fixed to a wall. 2.0J of work is required to compress the spring by 0.14m.
If the mass experiences a maximum acceleration of 18 m/s2;