Rotational kinetic energy and angular momentum
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- A bowling ball with a mass on 5.0kg and radius of 12.0cm is rolling down an inclined surface with a negligible friction without slipping. If it starts from rest at a vertical distance of 1.5m, what will be the speed of the ball when it reaches the bottom of the inclined surface?
- A sphere of radius 24.0 cm and mass of 1.60 kg, starts from the rest and rolls without slipping down a 30.0° incline that is 12.0m long.
- Two masses = 16.0kg and = 24.6kg, are connected by a rope that hangs over a uniform pulley with a mass of 6.50kg and radius of 0.24m. Initially, is on the ground and rests 2.00m above the ground. If the system is released what will be the speed of , as it hits the ground?
- A 2.6kg uniform cylindrical grinding wheel of radius 16cm makes 1600rpm.
- The speed of a skater increases from 2.0 rev every 4.0s to a final rate of 4.0 rev/s. If her moment of inertia was 4.4kg.m2, what is her final moment of inertia?
- A potter's wheel is rotating around a vertical axis through its center at a frequency of 1.2 rev/s. The wheel can be modeled as a uniform disk of mass 4.0kg and diameter of 0.60m. The potter the throws a 2.1 kg chunk of clay, shaped as a flat disk of radius 6.0cm, onto the center of the rotating wheel. What is the frequency of the wheel after the clay sticks to it?