Fundamentals of light
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- What is the frequency of red light, = 635nm?
- Calculate the distance covered by light in feet for 1ns.
- What is the length of green light that lasts for 4.0 fs?
- How many wavelengths of green light ( = 550 nm) are included in such a pulse?
- Calculate the distance from Earth to the moon knowing that a pulse of light sent to the moon takes 2.562s to return back to Earth.
- Light takes 16 minutes to cross Earth's orbit (3.0× 1011m). calculate the speed of light
- What is the illumination on a wall if it is lighted by 1750-lm light bulb which is 1.50 m away from the wall?
- A lamp is moved from 40cm to 80cm above the pages of a book. What is the illumination before and after the lam is moved?
- The illumination on desktop is 3.0 × 102lx. The source providing the illumination is 2.0m above the desk. What is the intensity (luminous flux) of the lamp?