Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
Get the most by viewing this topic in your current grade. Pick your course now.
- Introduction to Continuity
- Discuss CONTINUITY in everyday language: a function whose graph has no break in it.
- Discuss CONTINUITY in the context of Calculus:
A function is continuous at a number a, if:
Classify different types of discontinuities: removable VS. infinite VS. jump
Analyze: rational function with a hole:
VS.rational function with an asymptote:
- Lesson Overview - Continuity
- Discussing "Continuity" Graphically
The graph of a function is shown below.
- State the numbers at which is discontinuous.
- Explain and classify each discontinuity.
- Detecting Discontinuities
Are the following functions continuous at ?
- Discontinuities of Rational Functions (denominator=0)
Locate and classify each discontinuity of the function:
- Discussing "Continuity" Algebraically
Find the values of a and b that make the function continuous on (, ).