Fraction of a number
All in One Place
Everything you need for better grades in university, high school and elementary.
Learn with Ease
Made in Canada with help for all provincial curriculums, so you can study in confidence.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Get the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice questions.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Number Lines and Fraction of a Number
Use the number line to complete the multiplication sentence (fill in and/or analyze):
- Fraction Blocks and Fraction of a Number
Use fraction blocks to solve for the fraction of each number.
- Fraction Multiplication for Fraction of a Number
Use the steps for fraction multiplication to solve.
- Hint: (1) put whole number over 1, (2) cross cancel, (3) multiply numerators; multiply denominators, (4) write in lowest terms
- Figuring out Fraction Multiplication Backwards
Fill in the blanks by working backwards.
- Fraction of a Number Picture Problems
Use the picture. Write the multiplication equation with a fraction and a whole number. Then, solve for the fraction of a number.
- Fraction of a Number: Word Problem
Jerry Jepson Elementary School has a population of 380 students. Mrs. Kim's class has 14 girls and 10 boys.
- If of the class is vegetarian, how many students are vegetarian?
- If of the class has siblings, how many students have a brother or sister? How many students are only-children?
- If of the school's students have pets how many students have pets? Out of these pet owners, have dogs as pets; how many students have dogs?
- If of the school wears glasses and of Mrs. Kim's class wears glasses, what is the FRACTION of students wearing glasses in the class compared to the entire school?