Applications of percents
All You Need in One Place
Everything you need for better marks in primary, GCSE, and A-level classes.
Learn with Confidence
We’ve mastered the UK’s national curriculum so you can study with confidence.
Instant and Unlimited Help
24/7 access to the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice questions.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- A vacation package is advertised as $1550. The package is advertised as 30% off. Calculate the new price of the package. Show your reasoning.
- A clothing store is clearing last season's stock at 45% off. A shirt is selling for $66.00 off the original price. Calculate the original price.
- Your bill at a restaurant is $22.00 and you want to leave a 15% tip. Calculate the tip.
- George borrowed $200.00 from a bank for one year at 9% interest. Calculate the total amount George owed at the end of the year.
- Yan has $450 in a savings account. The interest rate is 7%, compounded annually. How much will he have after 2 years?