- The stopping potential, , that prevents electors from flowing across a certain photocell is 6.0V. What is the kinetic energy given to the electrons by incident light? Give your answer in both and . Sketch the problem and calculate your answer.
- Potassium threshold wavelength is 564 nm,
- Find the work function of potassium in .
- If the ultraviolet radiation with a wavelength of 246 nm falls on potassium, what is the energy of the ejected electrons in . Sketch the problem and calculate your answer.
- The stopping potential required to prevent current through a photocell is 4.2. Calculate the kinetic energy in joules and in of the photoelectrons as they are emitted.
- The threshold wavelength of copper is 264 .
- Find the threshold frequency of copper.
- What is the work function in of copper?
- Copper in a photocell is irritated by ultraviolet light of 140 wavelength. What is the kinetic energy of the photoelectrons in ?
- The work function for cadmium is 4.07 .
- Find the threshold wavelength for cadmium.
- What is the kinetic energy in of photoelectrons ejected when 190 nm violet light falls on the cadmium?
- An X ray with a wavelength 6.0 x 10-14
is travelling in a vacuum.
- Calculate the momentum associated with this X ray.
- Why does the X ray exhibit little particle behavior?
- The work function of sodium is 2.28 .
- What is the threshold wavelength of sodium?
- Sodium is exposed to radiation of wavelength 160. What is the maximum kinetic energy of the ejected electrons in ?