Metric units: Length, volume, weight
All You Need in One Place
Everything you need for Year 6 maths and science through to Year 13 and beyond.
Learn with Confidence
We’ve mastered the national curriculum to help you secure merit and excellence marks.
The best tips, tricks, walkthroughs, and practice questions available.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Introduction to Metric Units
- Introduction to measuring length
- What is length?
- How do we measure length?
- Metric Units of Length: millimetre, centimetre, meter, kilometer
- Intro to metric conversions
- Converting in two steps and three steps
- Introduction to measuring weight
- What is weight?
- How do we measure weight?
- Metric units of volume: gram and kilogram
- Converting between metric units of weight
- Introduction to measuring volume
- What is volume?
- How do we measure volume?
- Metric units of volume: millilitre, litre
- Converting between metric units of volume
- Choose the appropriate metric unit of measurement
Which unit would you use to measure? (mm, cm, m, km)
- Length of a pencil
- Length of a football field
- Thickness of a coin
- Distance between two cities
- Converting Metric Units of Length
- Converting metric units of volume
- Converting metric units of weight
- Comparing Metric Units of Length
Compare the following lengths using <, =, >
- Comparing Metric Units of Volume
Compare the following volumes using <, =, >
- Comparing Metric Units of Weight
Compare the following weights using <, =, >
- Word Problems with Metric Units