Dividing decimals by integers
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Introduction to multiplying and dividing decimals with integers:
- What are the division rules for integers?
- What are the different formats that you can write a division statement?
- Dividing decimals with integers using mental math
- Dividing decimals with integers using regrouping
- Dividing decimals with integers using base ten (block) models
- Dividing decimals with integers using long multiplication
- Rewriting decimal-integer division statements and predicting answers
Write each decimal and integer division statement into long division format and fraction format. Then, state whether the answer will be positive or negative.
- Dividing decimals with integers without regrouping
Use mental math to divide the following! First decide if your answer is positive or negative. Then divide each place value with the integer value.
- Dividing decimals with integers WITH regrouping
Divide each decimal by each integer (regroup if necessary). Circle whether the answer will be positive or negative and rewrite the answer as a standard form decimal.
- Dividing decimals with integers by using base ten (block) models
Use base ten (block) models to represent the division statement, then solve.
- Long division with decimals and integers
Use the long division algorithm to divide each decimal with the integer given.