Arithmetic properties: Commutative property
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Commutative property equations
Use the commutative property (for addition and multiplication) to fill in the blanks.
- Changing the order to add/multiply lists of numbers
Do the operations in order, and then backwards order. Are the answers different?
- Commutative property of addition word problem
James and Scarlet both need to buy a pair of skates and a helmet. Store A sells the skates for $83.67. Store B sells the helmet for $54.29. James goes to store A first, then store B; Scarlet goes to store B first, then store A. Did they pay different amounts? Explain.
- Commutative property of multiplication word problem
Felix has 24 pages of homework he must finish in 6 days. If he is going to do the same number of pages each day:
- Which wall will need more paint to cover its area?
- A wall that is 5 m tall and 8m wide
- A wall that is 8m tall and 5 m wide