Taxes, discounts, tips and more
All in One Place
Everything you need for better grades in university, high school and elementary.
Learn with Ease
Made in Canada with help for all provincial curriculums, so you can study in confidence.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Get the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice questions.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Relating Percents to Taxes
A pack of potato chips is priced at $5. If the sales tax in the province is 15%, how much should the potato chips be sold for?
- Billy picked a pair of headphones with a selling price of $250 at an electronic store. However, at the check-out counter, he was charged $280. What is the percentage of the sales tax?
- Relating Percents to Tips
A family of three went to a five-star restaurant for dinner. The bill for the meal was $180. The family put down $300 and left without asking for changes. In other words, what is the percentage of tips they have paid?
- Relating Percents to Discounts
A stationary store is having a garage sale. All the binders priced at $12 are now on sale for $9. What is the discount percentage?
- A suit was originally priced at $880, but it has been marked 25% off. What is the selling price now?