Box-and-whisker plots and scatter plots
All in One Place
Everything you need for better grades in university, high school and elementary.
Learn with Ease
Made in Canada with help for all provincial curriculums, so you can study in confidence.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Get the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice questions.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- A box-and-whisker plot is shown below.
- Below is a box-and-whisker plot showing the scores that students from Class A got on the last math test. There are 19 students in the class.
- The data below represents the number of books each student in a book club read over one year.
13, 25, 16, 21, 16, 23, 18, 20, 20
- A number of people were surveyed to study the relationship between the number of hours of exercise a person gets per week and the number of calories they consume. The data was recorded in the scatterplot below.
- Use a scatterplot to show the time students spent on studying for a quiz and their scores. Then, describe the relationship.
Study time (hours/week)