Transformers and power transmission
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- An ideal transformer with 120V, ac supply, on the primary coil supplies power to the resistor R. If this resistor dissipates 35W, what is the current in the primary coil and the secondary coil?
- The secondary coil in an ideal transformer has 5 times as many windings as the primary. If the current in the primary is 0.40A, determine the current in the secondary, and the type of the transformer.
- A certain step-down transformer has a 500-turns primary that operates at 120V ac supply. Which one of the following sets of conditions could describe the secondary turns and voltages of this transformer?
- A step-down transformer is required to operate a 12 V, 25 W halogen lamp. Which of the following sets of conditions could apply to this transformer?
- An ideal transformer has a potential difference of 130V ac across the primary windings and a potential difference of 780V ac across the secondary windings. There are 390 turns in the secondary. The secondary current is
- twice the primary current
- one half the primary current
- six times the primary current
- one-sixth the primary current