Induced EMF and Lenz’s law
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- A bar magnet is moving toward a solenoid.
What is the direction of the current through the galvanometer and what is the the direction of the magnetic field produced by thus current at location P inside the solenoid?
- A magnet is moving toward an aluminum ring.
In which way will the current flow in the labelled portion of the ring as the magnet moves towards the ring?
- Towards 1
- Towards 2
- Towards 3
- Towards 4
- A coil moves at a constant velocity across a region of magnetic field as shown.
Which of the following best shows the emf vs. time graph for the emf induced in the coil as it moves from 1 to 2?
- A conductor is moved to the right through four magnetic field as shown below. In which case will the largest emf be generated?
- A bar magnet is moved away from a coil as shown. What is the direction of the current through the resistor and polarity of the left end of the coil?
- In which of the following situation would the greatest emf be induced in the coil? All changes occur in the same time interval.