Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Estimating Products by Rounding
Estimate the product using estimation by rounding. Then, find the exact product to check your answer.
- Estimating Products by Clustering
Estimate the product using estimation by clustering. Then, find the exact answer to check your estimate.
- Estimating Products with Compatible Numbers
Estimate the product using compatible numbers. Is the estimated product less than or greater than the exact product?
- Comparing estimated products
Compare the products by first estimating each product using compatible numbers. Then, use symbols (for less than <, greater than >, or about equal to ) to show which product will be greater.
8 × vs. × 10
- Estimating Products Word Problem - 1
If a box of twelve mangoes costs $47.88 and weighs 5.34 pounds:
- About how much will 350 boxes of mangoes cost? Use the estimation by rounding method.
- About how much will 350 boxes of mangoes cost? Use the estimation with compatible numbers method.
- Find the exact cost of 350 boxes of mangoes? Are your estimates from part a) and b) more or less than the exact cost?
- About how many pounds will 350 boxes of mangoes weigh? Use the estimation by rounding method.
- About how many pounds will 350 boxes of mangoes weigh? Use the estimation with compatible numbers method.
- Will the boxes of mangoes weigh more than or less than 1,500 pounds? Are your estimates from part c) and d) more or less than the exact cost?
- Estimating Products Word Problem - 2
Elsa used 4 flasks full of blue liquid in her science experiment. Charlie wants to use 2 times as much as Elsa. About how many flasks of blue liquid would Charlie need for his experiment?