What are decimals?
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Reading decimals on number lines
What are the decimal numbers given by each point shown on the number lines below in:
- Naming decimal place values
Name the place value that is underlined in the numbers below:
- Decimal place value word problem
Take a look at the two times the number "5" appears in this number: 5,124,368.057
- Name the two place values that the two 5s sit inside?
- Compare these two place values; how many times do you have to multiply/divide by 10 to get to the other place value? How many times will you have to group ten into a bigger place value (or the other way, split into ten parts for a smaller place value) to get to the other place value?
- Converting decimals between standard, expanded, and written forms
- Base ten (block) models for hundredths
Using base ten models where one whole is represented by a big square (made of 10 tiny squares), answer the following:
- Base ten (block) models for thousandths
Using base ten models where one whole is represented by a cube (made of 1000 tiny squares), answer the following: