Likelihood for simple events
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Expectation and likelihood for simple events
Draw a point on the probability line for the likelihood of the event to happen. Describe using one of the words: likely, unlikely, impossible, certain, or equally likely.
- Likelihood and probability: word problem
On a weather app, it shows the weather forecast for tomorrow with hourly weather predictions (for 24 hours). It will rain some time in the day.
- List all the possible outcomes for the weather at any time tomorrow.
- Write the probabilities for each possible outcome. Are the outcomes equally as likely?
- If you went outside at any random time tomorrow, how likely will you need to bring an umbrella?
- If the weather forecast for the next day has the same outcomes as tomorrow, but they will be equally as likely to happen. How many hours out of the day will it be predicted to rain?