Introduction to mean, median, mode, and range
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Range of a data set
Circle the biggest number, underline the smallest number, and calculate the range.
- Median of a data set
Find the median for the list of numbers
- Hint: the numbers must be in order from least to greatest
- Mean (average) of a data set
Find the mean (average) of the numbers. Show your work.
- Understanding the mean (average): word problem
The table below shows the quiz grades of five students.
- What was the average grade for the science quiz?
- What was the average grade for the math quiz?
- On which quiz did the students do better on overall?
- The teacher says that Student #3 did better on the Math quiz than on the Science quiz. Why is this true even though they have the same mark in both subjects?
- For the students' English quiz, the five classmates had an average grade of 6. Find two possible sets of grades that would give an average grade of 6.
- Finding the mean, median, mode and range for a bar graph