Applications of the four operations (BEDMAS without exponents)
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Combining Multiplication and Addition
Fill in the blanks for the distributive property model.
- Applying BEDMAS (without exponents)
Follow the correct order and solve
- Word Problem with Order of Operations (BEDMAS) - 1
Sierra bought 6 bunches of bananas for 3 dollars each and 4 bunches of grapes for 8 dollars each.
- Write an equation to represent the word problem.
- Then, draw brackets around the operation(s) that need to be done first.
- Finally, find the total cost of the fruits Sierra bought.
- Word Problem with Order of Operations (BEDMAS) - 2
Reilly planned a bake sale to fundraise for his local children's hospital. After the bake sale was done, he counted 120 dollars. The ingredients he bought to make his cupcakes cost him 30 dollars.
His bank wanted to help and said they would match his donation to double his profit.
- How much profit did Reilly make on his own? (sales - expenses)
- Write an equation for the total fundraised amount that will be donated.
- What is the total amount donated to the local children's hospital?