Likelihood for simple events
All in One Place
Everything you need for JC, LC, and college level maths and science classes.
Learn with Ease
We’ve mastered the national curriculum so that you can revise with confidence.
24/7 access to the best tips, walkthroughs, and practice exercises available.
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Expectation and likelihood for simple events
Draw a point on the probability line for the likelihood of the event to happen. Describe using one of the words: likely, unlikely, impossible, certain, or equally likely.
- Likelihood and probability: word problem
On a weather app, it shows the weather forecast for tomorrow with hourly weather predictions (for 24 hours). It will rain some time in the day.
- List all the possible outcomes for the weather at any time tomorrow.
- Write the probabilities for each possible outcome. Are the outcomes equally as likely?
- If you went outside at any random time tomorrow, how likely will you need to bring an umbrella?
- If the weather forecast for the next day has the same outcomes as tomorrow, but they will be equally as likely to happen. How many hours out of the day will it be predicted to rain?