What is ratio?
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
- Understanding Ratio Tables
Fill in the blanks in the following ratio table.
x y 4 8 14 21
- Part-to-part Ratio Vs. Part-to-whole Ratio
There are 14 boys and 16 girls in a particular class.
- Charlie bought 2 Superman action figures and they are 4.4 cm and 9 cm tall respectively. What is the ratio of the height of the smaller figure to the larger figure?
- Evaluate Ratios Involving Unit Conversion
Betty and Mary participated in a 400 m sprint. Betty finished it in 1 min 40 sec while Mary finished it in 2 min 15 sec. What is the ratio of Mary's time to Betty's time?
- Determine the Scale of a Map (Ratio)
The distance between two cities on a map is 4 cm. If the real distance between the cities is 28 km, what is the scale of the map?
- A Tyrannosaurus (a dinosaur) is 12.3 m in length. If a model was built using the ratio 1:15, what is the length of the model?
- Analyze Ratios of 3 Objects
A bank wants to maintain the managers, analysts and tellers in the ratio 2:5:18. If 15 analysts were hired, how many managers and tellers should they hire?