Applications of rational equations
Everything You Need in One Place
Homework problems? Exam preparation? Trying to grasp a concept or just brushing up the basics? Our extensive help & practice library have got you covered.
Learn and Practice With Ease
Our proven video lessons ease you through problems quickly, and you get tonnes of friendly practice on questions that trip students up on tests and finals.
Instant and Unlimited Help
Our personalized learning platform enables you to instantly find the exact walkthrough to your specific type of question. Activate unlimited help now!
Make math click 🤔 and get better grades! 💯Join for Free
Get the most by viewing this topic in your current grade. Pick your course now.
- Peter first took a train and traveled 100 km. Then, he traveled another 10 km by boat. The average speed of the train was ten times faster than the average speed of the boat; and it took Peter 11 hours to finish the whole trip.
Given that the average speed of the boat was b km/h, find the average speed of the boat and complete the table below.
- Two consecutive even whole numbers are selected. The difference between the reciprocal of the two numbers is . Determine the numbers.
- A rectangular cubicle in an office has an area of 81m. During a redesign of the office, the dimensions of the cubicle are altered, yet the area remains unchanged. If the width is tripled and the length is decreased by 6m, what are the dimensions of the redesigned cubicle?
- Thomas is going on a vacation to Maui, with a flying distance of 3780 km from home. On the return flight, due to turbulence, the average flying speed was 90 km/hr slower than that of the onward flight. The time taken for the return flight was 1 hr more than for the onward flight.
- Suppose a chef can cook for the entire restaurant in 4 hours, and his apprentice takes 12 hours. How long would it take the two of them together to cook for the restaurant?