In this lesson, we will learn:
- Analyze the Frequency Table
- Understand the Dot Plot
- Convert a Frequency Table Into a Dot Plot
- Frequency table: a table showing the data values and their corresponding frequencies.
- Dot plot: a simplified version of a histogram. Each dot represents a value in that particular category.
- Dot plots are not the same as scatter plots:
- Scatter plots have a set of axes whilst dot plots do not.
- Each dot in a dot plot has a value of 1. As for a scatter plot, we need to refer to the axis for the value of a dot.
- Range: highest frequency – lowest frequency